The Department is responsible for managing financial resources to ensure accountability and transparency in the utilization of resources. The Department processes payments and ensures the respective office approves all payments.
The main functions of the Department are to: –
- Operate / manage all Bank Accounts which are held at the Bank of Zambia
- Reconcile the books and prepare monthly and quarterly reports which are submitted to Ministry of Finance and the Permanent Secretary
- Prepare Statements on the IFMIS system
- Respond to Auditor General’s queries
- Process payments and ensures the respective offices approve all payments
- Prepare Department work plans and budget